I hope you all enjoyed General Conference today. I, unfortunately, have not yet had a chance to watch it as we are out of town.
We are entering more Isaiah chapters, but before them I want to focus on two verses at the end of chapter 10.
"22 For behold, the Lord God has led away from time to time from the house of Israel, according to his will and pleasure. And now behold, the Lord remembereth all them who have been broken off, wherefore he remembereth us also.
"23 Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves—to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life."
First of all, how comforting to know that the Lord remembers all of us!. Second, I was struck in verse 23 by the wording. "CHEER up your hearts," because you have choice. Sometimes I think that it would be easier to just be told what to do, but this verse emphasizes the joy of having choice, freedom to act for ourselves.
How lucky we are to be in charge of our own salvation.
First of all, how comforting to know that the Lord remembers all of us!. Second, I was struck in verse 23 by the wording. "CHEER up your hearts," because you have choice. Sometimes I think that it would be easier to just be told what to do, but this verse emphasizes the joy of having choice, freedom to act for ourselves.
How lucky we are to be in charge of our own salvation.
0 comments:
Post a Comment