Whenever I read Isaiah, I have to use a study guide or too many things go right over my head!! So, after I read these pages I also read in the seminary study guide. It mentioned all the 'wo' verses in chapter 15 and how we should look carefully at them because these are things we need to watch out for in our day, too. Verse 12 stuck out to me. It says, "they regard not the work of the Lord, neither consider the operation of his hands." It seemed like it was warning those who were celebrating (with strong drink and feasts) that they were not remembering to be grateful to Heavenly Father for all of their blessings. I know this is something I am guilty of [not the strong drink part.]:) I know there are times that good things happen and I forget to be grateful. I know that Heavenly Father's hand is in our daily lives and that He guides and directs us and that we can see it if we are looking for it.
Also, I love verse 14 in ch. 17, where it talks about the birth of Christ and says, "and shall call his name Immanuel." I love that name because it means "God is with us." It's just one little verse, but I think we could talk forever about it! It's so comforting and He has done so much for us!
Sunday, October 4, 2009
pages 85-87
Posted by BC at 8:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment