I love any scripture that talks about when Christ will reign personally upon the earth. I love to think about that time and also pray that I can help speed up the process. What can I do to help prepare the earth for Christ's reign? Before becoming overwhelmed with that and thinking I have to single handedly bring world peace and also help convert 10,000 people, I remind myself that I need to prepare myself and help my children, family, and friends. That's not so hard. That's what I am trying to do anyway.
Chap. 30 vs. 14 "And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his and on the cockatrice's den.
vs. 15 "They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea."
I love these verses because first, how wonderful to not have the constant worry of protecting not just ourselves but our families and loved ones from physical and spiritual evils. Think of how much we will accomplish because of all the time to devote to progressing, not protection.
Second, when the whole earth is bathed in truth, without all the deception we currently promote as truth, how wonderful it will be. Why? Because truth equals progress. I imagine that's when we will finally figure out with Christ's help, how to beam (like Star Trek) and all sorts of other things that now we equate with science fiction.
In chap. 31 we our shown that Christ did all things first. He hasn't asked us to do anything he hasn't already done. He came to earth. He was baptized even though he was perfect. He set the strait path for us to follow. It is simple and it is strait. I love that about my Savior. It helps me want to follow Him.
0 comments:
Post a Comment