This is the last of Isaiah for a little bit!
I just have a favorite idea to highlight. In verse 16 of chapter 24 it says:
"They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and shall consider thee, and shall say: Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms?"
This is (i think) talking about the king of Assyria, but it is supposed to be likened to satan. I like this verse because it makes me think of when we actually see satan, how we will react. It's like, "really, you are the guy that caused so much pain and destruction, you?" I'm not trying to underplay his ability to tempt us and try us, but in the end I think we will be surprised by how much more powerful we are than him because we have God and Christ on our side!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Day 32: Pages 94-96
Posted by kk at 10:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment