BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I love King Benjamin's sermon!

It is so hard to pick out even one or two scriptures to focus on because I love it all! I actually really loved the Isaiah chapters as well but King Benjamin's words are just dripping with love and caring. To me, his sermon so effectively communicates the love our Father in Heaven and Savior have for us.


vs. 6 of chapter 4- I say unto you , if ye have come to a knowledge of the goodness of God, and his matchless power, and his wisdom, and his patience, and his long-suffering towards the children of men; and also the atonement which has been prepared from the foundation of the world, that thereby salvation might come to him that should put his trust in the Lord, and should be diligent in keeping is commandments, and continue in the faith...

God our Father loves us. And our elder brother, even Jesus Christ loves us. He agreed to atone for our sins so we could all live with our Father again if we would keep His commandments. I find that information wonderful! I really like to think of the Savior as my elder brother. A member of my family who loves me. I know that I would do anything for my parents, sisters, husband, children, and my church family. I am always the happiest when I am focused on helping them.

I would love to talk about vs. 14-16 but I don't want this to go too long. So let me end with this thought. We are all a part of a Heavenly family. These 3 pages focus on God as our Father and the Savior as our Messiah and advocate and our responsibilities to love and teach our children, and one another as They would!

0 comments: