Sorry I'm so late in posting this!
Wow, there is so much to think about in Jacob 5. The symbolism that Sis. Fuller put up helped me to understand a whole lot more! The verse that sticks out to me the most is verse 18. This is part of it :
"Behold, the branches of the wild tree have taken hold of the moisture of the root thereof, that the root thereof hath brought forth much strength; and because of the much strength of the root thereof the wild branches have brought forth tame fruit."
So, I've heard the "root" compared before to covenants. If you think about the root as being the covenants that we have made with Heavenly Father, and put in the symbolism from Sis. Fuller's chart then you can find all kinds of neat things! For example, (from the chart) the "branches of the wild tree" are groups of people not born into the house of Israel. The "tame fruit" is the lives or works of people that have made covenants with the Lord (the house of Israel).
So, I felt like this verse relates to the change that happens in all of us when we are converted. I think it means literally being converted to the church, but I think it also means the day-by-day progress that we make as we strengthen our testimonies and repent of little or big things. And we can get our strength from the covenants that we have made. The thing that keeps us strong and healthy is our obedience!
Monday, October 19, 2009
pages 127-129
Posted by BC at 10:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment