BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Comfort and Experience

Pages 70-72

2 things that stand out to me from these pages.


First is the Lord is here to comfort Zion(pg 72 , chapter 8 vs. 3). He will make her wilderness like Eden. When I read those lines I think of the trials that I have to pass through becoming, through the atonement, experiences that I draw from. Those experiences become a refuge as Eden was because in those I was taught.

Second, Christ knows what it is like to go through this life. In chapter 9 vs. 5 it says, for it behooveth the great Creator that he suffereth himself to become subject unto man in the flesh, and die for all men... He actually is suffering, or experiencing all the sorrows and joys of mortality. Understanding this makes the Atonement even more wonderful. He knows our pains and joys because He has been here too!

0 comments: