BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 9: Pages 25-27

The end of chapter 13 continues Nephi's vision of the promised land. For some reason I seem to be at a loss of what to say today (I think I'm too tired). This chapter may have seemed a little tedious to get through, but there are lots of little gems to pick out. I have underlined in my scriptures every time the phrase "plain and precious" is used. I count 8 times. So what do you think that means? What is something in your life that is "plain and precious"?

Usually those two words don't go together. When I think of plain, I think of a nice way of saying a person isn't that attractive, or maybe an object that doesn't have anything to draw my attention to it. But when I think of precious, I think of something beyond normal worth, something eye-catching and beautiful. So when I put these two words together I have a hard time coming up with something in my life that I could describe with both these words.

I can think of lots of precious things: my son, my husband, my wedding ring...
I can think of lots of plain things: most of my furniture, my wardrobe, my car...
However, I can not think of many things that are both plain and precious. Besides the scriptures(for which the phrase was invented), there are only a couple of things that are of so great a worth to me while simultaneously being plain - my pictures, a few of my books, my memories.

So what in your life is plain and precious?

0 comments: