BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 25: Pages 73-75

Chapter 9 is full of doctrine! wow! You could study this chapter for ages and still learn more stuff!

I was just reading Kalley's post from yesterday and thinking about the comfort to be found in the scriptures. This chapter is full of comfort for the righteous (that's you, by the way).

However, this chapter also has many cautions for us. The one that stuck out to me today as I was reading was verse 27.

"But wo unto him that has the law given, yea, that has all the commandments of God, like unto us, and that transgresseth them, and that wasteth the days of his probation, for awful is his state!"

What I noticed, was the phrase "wasteth the days". This verse is talking about like people like me, I have the "law" and the "commandments", I may not be "trangressing" them, but I definitely think that I may waste time or waste my knowledge of the truth. This verse motivates me to work harder to NOT waste my time here on Earth, but to be constantly striving to progress spiritually.

0 comments: