BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day 19: Pages 55-57

I have so much to say from these verses, that I'm not sure what to say!

It's funny how what is happening in my life changes the way I read certain passages of scripture. Today I witnessed a woman almost being hit by a car. It was exceptionally disturbing, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about that scene - replaying the event over and over in my mind. Tonight as I read our three pages, I was still thinking of that woman which in turn led me to think about my own mortality. Because of this context, 2 Nephi 2:7-10 stood out to me more than many of the more classically quoted or known scriptures from this section.

It is always beautifully comforting and awe-inspiring to read that "He offereth himself a sacrifice" so that I may "dwell in the presence of God".

0 comments: