BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 15: Pages 43-45

This is going to be quick! Sorry I wasn't able to badger any of you at Church today. I sprained my ankle yesterday and besides not being able to fit my foot into a shoe, I can't really walk either! UGH!

1 Nephi 19:7 "For the things which some men esteem to be of great worth, both to the body and soul, others set at naught and trample under their feet..."

This verse goes on to talk about how people "trample" God under their feet by not listening to His counsel. However, what stuck out to me today was really the first part of this verse that I have quoted above.

How true that statement is - some people have different priorities than others. For example, I seem to think that it is VERY important to always clear off the kitchen table - no papers, no mail, no keys, nothing. This is not very important to my husband (or most any other sane person). This is a trivial example; can you think of anything that is of great worth to you, that your friends may "trample under their feet"? The gospel? Your standards? Your Sunday rules? Dating guidelines?

0 comments: