I hope you all read the first 3 pages today. There is so much that we almost have memorized in these first chapters, but I still love to read them. As a former English buff, my favorite part of the first chapter is the last line of the last verse of this first chapter. Like any well organized introduction, Nephi ends his first chapter with his thesis statement or the main idea of the rest of the book:
"But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance."
If I were grading this book, I would take this thesis and search for how Nephi incorporates it into the remainder of his writing. I would look for the following:
- What are the "tender mercies of the Lord"?
- How our faith makes us chosen?
- From what will the Lord deliver us?
"The Tender Mercies of the Lord"
0 comments:
Post a Comment