Didn't 1 Nephi go really fast?! We're already to the second book!
I love Lehi's sermon that we began today (2 Nephi 1). It is like an extended Book of Mormon Promise! I like verse 7 when Lehi calls this land a "land of liberty". That should sound familiar to all of us ("my country tis of thee, sweet land of liberty").
This chapter actually reminds me of my mission in Australia (I don't tell many mission stories, but this is one). We were teaching this GOLDEN family and the father was reading this chapter on his own. The next time we saw him he had written down some questions for us. One of them was "It sounds like Lehi is talking about America, is that where they are?" We must have left out that part of the Book of Mormon introduction, but because of Lehi's description this father understood the promised land to be the American continent. I thought that was pretty cool.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Day 18: Pages 52-54
Posted by kk at 9:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment